This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
I'm kind of conflicted on what names to use for character titles, since all characters have just so many. But the thing I have been thinking about is whether to use real names for all characters or use the most common name they are referred to.
Right now, a lot of characters use their real name because that's what they are commonly referred to. There are several though that use their nick names for the same reason. For the sake of consistency, I propose using the real names of all characters; for example, Virginia Potts instead of Pepper Potts, Timothy Dugan instead of Dum Dum Dugan and Nicholas Fury instead of Nick Fury.
I know that we don't have much of a communit yet so making this may be a vain effort. Nonetheless, do you guys agree or disagree with me? Do you have any input on this? Let me know.
- -- Master Sima Yi Clogs Marvel Studios 21:51, August 10, 2012 (UTC)
- -- Assassin-Rome (Talk if you will) 22:41, August 10, 2012 (UTC)
- I think it's better to use nicknames. Most readers will know the characters by their nicknames, not real names. I think it's best to either use the nicknames only, or keep it like Tony Stark (Iron Man) / Iron Man (Tony Stark). -- IlMualim Wanna Chat? 23:20, August 10, 2012 (UTC) 23:16, August 10, 2012 (UTC)
- Why don't we leave a redirect for every character? Let's the name the page using real names and then leave a redirect for the nicknames-OdranoellutaTalk✲ 00:04, August 11, 2012 (UTC)
- That could work too. :D -- IlMualim Wanna Chat? 01:31, August 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Obviously there will be redirects. Redirects are made when the pages move. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs Marvel Studios 14:09, August 11, 2012 (UTC)
- I know, but we could just rename the page to the real names again, like Steve Rogers and delete the page with the previous name that's the direct now i.e Steve Rogers (Captain America) and make a new redirect for Captain America.--OdranoellutaTalk✲ 15:04, August 11, 2012 (UTC)
- The problem is what will Iron Man redirect to? The film, or the man himself? -- IlMualim Wanna Chat? 15:14, August 11, 2012 (UTC)
- That's not a problem..it'll redirect to the character itself..the Iron Man movie has the name Iron Man (film)..if there's redirect named Iron Man to the movie we can simply redirect it to the character.--OdranoellutaTalk✲ 15:21, August 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Or maybe a redirect to a disambig page? -- IlMualim Wanna Chat? 16:38, August 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh, I say no to that. I'm personally satisfied with the way it is now. -- Master Sima Yi Clogs Marvel Studios 21:13, August 11, 2012 (UTC)